Things have been rather non-stop for me since returning to Scotland in September. I got to spend most of last week in London! It was the first time since moving to Scotland that I have ventured "South". Lisa, Andy, and I went down for a training session at the British Library. We stayed with some friends who live in town and had the opportunity to do some sightseeing! (Our training was on Tuesday, but we went down on Saturday!) We trekked all over the city and became experts at using the Underground! Westminster Abbey, Parliament, Trafalgar Square, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Tower of London, the River Thames, the National Gallery... the British Library! We didn't get to spend too much time at any of the sites, but we figure we have three years over here... we'll have other opportunities to see London. Not many people get to say that!
Mooch (my brother's toy monkey) joined us on our trip. This was Mooch's first opportunity for adventure since he came over in my Dad's suitcase this summer!
Enjoy the slideshow! And keep an eye out for Mooch!
4 comments:
What I wouldn't give to be living in the UK....
Oh the memories those photos bring back - well, accept for Mooch, of course!! I've been to London several times and it just gets better each time I go. I know you were like a sponge just soaking up all of those fabulous bits of antiquity!!! And to think you can go back many times in the next 3 years! My dear, you are, indeed, fortunate!
Oh Beth! I love your photo/slide show - reminds me so much of when Dave and I were stationed at RAF Mildenhall in the early 80's and we went sight seeing in London!
I remember that wind too! We toured around in Wales and the northwest coast - brrrr.
I spent the day Monday with your Mom and Tamrah Oliver. Sally was sharing that you'll get some "home cooked" Thanksgiving food!! I'm so glad for you!!!
Thanks for sharing!!! Take care!
Squeee!!
Post a Comment