One of the Professors of Medieval History has been hosting some documentaries for the BBC, the most recent of which is on The Medieval Mind. And they must have been in the process of filming a new one. Before Adam and I realized what was going on, the crew had moved on. But we're pretty sure we're sitting in the background. As scenery. Staring at the camera. Like those obnoxious people you see milling about in the background of movies, the ones who don't have the sense to look casual and disinterested.
Ironically, earlier I had decided against spreading my blanket in the cloister because I didn't want to ruin any tourist's pictures. Upon further reflection Adam decided that we would have only enhanced the photo. St. Andrew's students studying in the ruins of the Cathedral. Very picturesque indeed. Like Oxford or Cambridge students bicycling down the street in their respective towns.
Well, instead of ruining some random tourist's photograph, Adam and I now have the potential to look like prime losers, however briefly, in a BBC documentary. One can only hope that we are edited out! It would not do for our supervisors to see us looking dumbstruck. And worse... not actually studying!
Oh the joys of living in St. Andy's. You never know what or who you'll come across in a day! And it would appear that the Cathedral is turning out to be quite an interesting spot for me!
2 comments:
Keep blogging! I was directed here from Sound of Hearts. Love your pics and your postings, esp, the hats, the sound of the cane on the cobbles and the poem. Looking forward to future "dispatches from the front" there in Scotland. (no pressure, no pressure)
I greatly enjoy your newsletters, pictures, and now your blog. It's almost like being there. What an adventure you are having! Thanks for sharing it!
Post a Comment